Opportunity Presentation: Project Engineer
Project Engineer – (New grads with Construction Management or related degree)
• Established in 1937.
• Employee owned with arguably the very best ownership program.
o Extremely generous stock dividend program.
o Up to 10% of salary paid as an additional bonus every year.
o Up to 15% contribution by company to employees’ retirement program.
We are known for:
o Large complicated projects.
o They are one of the largest airport builders in the USA
o A wide variety of project types. – Many employees have never built the same project twice.
Benefits and Features
This is an organization that truly value and appreciates its employees. Here are some examples of how they
• You earn stock shares and dividends after 1 year of employment.
• Industry leading benefits
• Company does the little things to show it values its employees.
o They invest in on-site training,
o Off-site training, and
o Will help you follow a path that will benefit your career.
• “We spend a lot of time and money building the culture. There are 6 events a year where US pays for 100+
employees to come together at the district office to do training, team building, and get to know everyone.
Most employees go to 3-4 of these events and have a great time.” – From Glassdoor.com
• We all work hard, we all care (no one is there just to collect a check), we are willing to figure things out.
What people say about us
• “I have one of the best jobs around, learning and adapting cutting edge technology to the construction and
facilities management industry. It truly never gets old; It just gets better and better. (from company website)
• “US is awesome. They have some of the best brains in the industry. Work/Life balance is great. You create
your own schedule. If you work hard and prioritize your tasks, you will have a great balance. Benefits are
amazing. The company is showing exponential growth and room for career growth opportunities. This job is
not for the paycheck, it is for the love of building and learning.” – From Glassdoor.com
• “I did internship the people were great. Coast-to-coast the personality are different but drive and unity of
team is same. US is process driven.”
• “World class construction, state of the art technology, excellent management and landmark projects; what
more can you want.” – From Glassdoor.com
• #19 on ENR top 400 list 2016
• We have been the proud recipient of 7 National Design-Build Awards and 20 Design-Build Excellence Awards
since the inception (1996) of this design-build competition.
The role you could play
As a Project Engineer, you’ll join a team of some of the smartest builders in construction who are all working
together to support the Project Superintendent.
You’ll get to flex your creative muscles while earning your promotion to PM.
• Your responsibilities will mirror those of a PM as you work more and more autonomously, allowing you to be
considered for some of the most complicated and high profile projects in the world.
• You’ll be mentored by a Project Manager who will help you earn your next promotion.
• Project Engineers are mentored to function at tenured Sr. Project Manager level.
• You’ll be expected to help develop Field Engineers and Office Engineers.
• According to US News.com Greater Phoenix area sees more sunshine than any other metro area in the
country and features a desirable combination of a thriving job market, a relatively low cost of living, and
plenty of ways to enjoy the nice weather. World class and one-of-a-kind museums.
• Sports – baseball, football, basketball, hockey, soccer, ski resorts, and tons of outdoor activities like hunting,
fishing, boating, and camping.
• Good cost of living, friendly neighborhoods, and strong school districts.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Basic knowledge of how to read a schedule
• Prolog & Daily Logs are "icing on the cake"
• 80% of US work is repeat business and you should enjoy working in a culture of “taking care of the customer”
• You should have a strong desire to learn as much as you can so that you can truly become a builder.
• You should have the confidence to speak your mind if something doesn’t look safe.