This field service position is ideal for a savvy Electrical engineer who enjoys travelling the country, and at times travelling internationally, servicing, repairing, and calibration extremely high-tech equipment for the microwave, antenna and electromagnetic engineering industry.
Based in a Los Angeles suburb where the weather can’t be beat, and the cultural / recreational activities are year limitless. You can also expect great benefits, a good salary and room for growth within a company who recognizes your work and rewards you for your accomplishments
The Applications Engineer provides a variety of support services to customers. As our representative it is essential that the field service engineer develop good working relationships with customers and always strive to ensure that they are satisfied with the company’s products and services. These services include calibration, maintenance and repair of our sophisticated test and measurement equipment which may include. It is also important that the Field Service Engineer help identify potential new business opportunities including equipment upgrades, training and other products and services. You must demonstrate strong technical skills as well as excellent communication, time management, planning, and organizational skills.
A majority of this work will take place at our customer facilities, the candidate must be able to think and work independently with little direction and be able to improvise with a limited set of available resources.
- Support customer test/production facilities on regularly scheduled or as-required basis for calibrations and preventive maintenance (PM) utilizing standard and proprietary test equipment
- Troubleshoot complex measurement systems and assist customers to ensure proper operation of electronic and electromechanical equipment
- Exhibit excellent diagnostic abilities to isolate issues and repair equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware and software
- Provide professional responses in a timely manner to all customers
- Prepare and comprehensive field service reports and calibration certificates and other documentation in a timely manner
- Manage time and priorities so that tasks are completed on or ahead of schedule
- Install software updates
- Develop outstanding relationships with Company’s customers to enhance future business opportunities
- Ensure that customers are aware of Company’s new products (hardware and software) to support system upgrades
- Support the customer in every way possible to keep their test systems and ranges operating in the manner required
- This position will require extensive domestic and international travel, approximately 60%
- Perform other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The ideal candidate will have dealt with system integration or service of complex electromechanical machinery, and have either educational or work experience in radar, robotics, or other mechatronic machinery such as positioners, anechoic chambers, compact ranges, absorbers or antennas.
Must have the ability to obtain or have a U.S. Government security clearance.
- Must have experience with using RF instruments (spectrum analyzer, frequency counter, power meter)
- Must have experience with RF systems
- Ability to read schematic diagrams and engineering drawings
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and "be on call" as needed
- Tactfully handle difficult situations and maintain composure under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group internally and externally
- Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware and software (Windows-based)
- Programming skills (C, C++, VBASIC, java, or similar)
- MS Office
- A government Security Clearance will eventually be required
Additional requirements include ability to:
- Drive company vehicle
- Pack and ship test equipment
- Perform some lifting
- Experience with antennas or antenna measurements
- Work history with RADAR antennas is considered a plus
- Experience with ATE such as Vector Network Analyzers (Agilent, R&S, etc.)
- Experience with servo motors and control systems
- Experience with Engineering Applications such as Matlab or LabView