The Construction Documents Administrator plays a key role in communicating with all parties during construction using the selected Management Information System (Oracle – Contract Manager).
- Log all Contractor submittals including but not limited to, shop drawings, samples, technical manuals, request for information (RFI’s), request for proposal (RFP’s), change orders, directives and progress payments; receiving and return dates will be logged for each submittal with the action taken for return.
- Coordinate document control processes by following established procedure and protocols in regards to document retention, document issuing, and processing
- First point of contact for any issues regarding document control
- Assists the project team with formal communication (transmittals, RFIs, notices, etc.) using the project controls systems
- Assists the project team with storing electronic project files in the proper locations as defined by the Project Execution Plan
- Coordinate with our Client to define and turn over project records at the end of the project as defined by the Project Execution Plan
- Support the Project Management team by performing project administration duties at times
- Analyzes data for error identification and reporting
- Leads coordination of documents for working projects
- Communicate with clients and vendors on a daily basis
- Compiles subcontract documents and issues appropriate revisions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s (4 Year) Degree in Construction, Engineering or related field preferred
- 12-14 Years Experience in the Construction Field
- Contract Manager Software Experience REQUIRED, Oracle-Contract Manager experience a plus!
- 2+ years of document controls experience supporting engineering or construction projects
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Must be able to effectively interact with Customer, vendors, and other team members on the telephone and in personStrong technical, organizational and coordination skills
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Construction Documents Administrator to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, provided such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the Company. This position requires sedentary work which involves
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not unlawfully discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Our company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background checks and drug screen.
- Sitting most of the time exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Other physical activities may include lifting, using fingers (grasping, feeling), talking, hearing, reaching, standing, crouching, kneeling, stooping, and close visual acuity.